Is your baby still on breast feeding? Are you planning to switch your baby from breast feeding to bottle feeding? It is natural that you will start introducing bottle feeding to your baby and stop breast feeding partially or completely. You could want to keep your baby with someone else for a few hours so that you could have a free time and can relax. Check this website if you are looking for breast feeding to bottle feeding.
If you want to make some changes in your baby’s routine then do it one at a time. Initially, switching your baby from breast feeding to a bottle feeding baby could be a bit difficult and problematic also. The new mother could be more puzzled in this transition process. They might think that their bonding with the baby as well as the baby’s health both will be compromised. These following bottle feeding tips can make the transition easier for both the mum and the baby. Tips for moving from breast to bottle:-
- You need not to set a routine for bottle feeding. Feed your baby the way you are doing while breast feeding or simply respond to the cues that your baby gives.
- Give some pause while bottle feeding and love and nestle your baby with eye contacts and your skin contacts to feel the baby your warmth.
- If your baby can’t finish the entire portion at any given time then never force your baby to do so.
- You must not have any guilt feeling that you are not giving the breast milk. Remember that formulas are the best substitute of breast feeding.
- If you can choose the gold formula then it would be better for your little one as it has the fatty acids like that of breast milk.
- You need to prepare the formula as per the direction given on the can. You must not add anything else to t if you are not asked to do so by the doctors.
- Boil the bottle, the teats and other feeding equipment at least three to four times and sterilize it.
- After each feed wash the bottle with hot soapy water.
- If there is any left over from each feed time then discard it.
- Make sure that the hole of the teat is neither too big nor too small.
- Sit comfortably and hold your baby in your arms with a little upright so that the head is above the belly.
To conclude, no matter which process you have chosen, remember that feeding your baby means the time when both of you will enjoy the closeness and bonding of each other. You need to enjoy it thoroughly giving love and care to your sweet little one. You need to enjoy your motherhood.